- Natalia: 1st fundraiser is September 29th at Pluckers on Rio Grande. It's from 6:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. Bring all your friends! Tell your server you are with NSSLHA and we will get 20%. Keep your receipt to get your fundraising point.
- Shannon: Thanks to everyone who came out to help us hand out earplugs! We passed out over 800 pairs! Also, more info to come about volunteering at the Capitol School and writing letters to the students. We will keep you updated.
- Lauren: Thanks to everybody that came to the social at Red Mango! Our next social will be at Pluckers the same night as the fundraiser (Sept. 29) so it's a 2 for 1! Keep your receipts!
- Doris: The website is ready! Lots of cool info there and a calendar of all of our events. studentorgs.utexas.edu/nsslha. And join the facebook group! http://www.facebook.com/groups/2201274923/
- Sarah: Online members - you can pay your dues and get your tshirts tomorrow from 6:00-7:00 p.m. outside the CMA or you can give your dues to a friend in NSSLHA or an officer.
DR. CRAIG CHAMPLIN - CSD DEPARTMENT CHAIR
- interests include Audiology and Hearing Science
1. Meet with your advisor to get on the right path.
2. Focus on your GPA, but don't be obsessed!
3. Observation - it can be a very informative tool.
4. Resume/ Grad School Apps - Check em out!
1. Research/ Observation - great tools to utilize to gain experience
2. Prepare a Resume - people will ask to see them!
3. Take GRE early - do your best but again don't freak out.
Dr. LISA BEDORE - CLINIC AND OBSERVATION COORDINATOR
Things to know:
1. Check grad school requirements for observation hours (don't always need the 25)
2. Observation will start very soon!
- Can do on campus and off campus observation
- Lorena will send an email about the process (forms and confidentiality agreement needed etc.)
- Keep copies of your hours because they do not!
LORENA DOMINGUEZ - CSD UNDERGRADUATE ADVISOR
1. Do long range planning! - But for right now make an appointment to set up your classes for Spring, now until mid October and you will be entered for some prizes from the Comm. School.
2. Intellectual Entrepreneurship (IE Program) - Great opportunity to work closely with a grad student
3. Research - Check out online what the professors are interested in.
4. SLP and AUD Practicums - offered some semesters, they send out applications and hope to have them both up and running for the Spring and Fall of next year! Hands on with an SLP or AuD.
5. Grad School Resources - UT Learning Center has FREE GRE classes and practice tests. UT Libraries have GRE books.