Our first meeting of the semester was an informational one about the organization and our plans for the spring semester. We introduced all of our lovely officers and their positions. If you are a new member for spring make sure to pay your $25 dues to Megan by the 3rd meeting and get your tshirt! I (Sarah) will email out the info sheet that I passed around today at meeting explaining the point system etc.
Things to look forward to in the spring:
- Great speakers at meetings! ex. Bilingual SLP, Capitol School Rep
- Texas Speech and Hearing Association Convention in San Antonio - March 8-10
- Cochlear Implant Kids Day
- Lots of tubular socials, fundraisers, and service opportunities!
- End of the year banquet
- February 16: Fundraiser at Pluckers on Rio Grande. Come any time 6:00 pm - 12 midnight! Tell your server that you are with NSSLHA and keep your receipt to give to Natalia for fundraiser pt. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and come 6:00-7:30 and stick around for an hour for a social pt. with Lauren.
Reminder: To be considered active you must attend 2 socials, 2 services, 2 fundraisers, and ALL meetings. Most active member gets a prize! Let me know if you NEED to be and online member.
Let's make this the best semester ever! Go CSD!