**Please comment to these minutes if you want to get credit for the meeting!!! **
This semester we will be calculating our points differently to be considered an ACTIVE MEMBER:
Fundraising- 4 points ( 1 for bringing a bake sale item, 1 for working an event)
Service- 2 points (1 per event)
Social- 1 point (1 per event)
Pay dues- $25 (this is for members who are new this semester)
Must attend every meeting OR comment to the blog
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SIGN IN AT EVERY EVENT YOU ATTEND. NO EXCEPTIONS.
To be an ONLINE MEMBER:
let us know you want to be an ONLINE MEMBER by emailing Ashley Breedlove
pay dues- $25 (again, this is for new members this semester)
post a comment to the meeting minutes (your full name) that will be posted on the NSSLHA blog. you don’t need to be a follower of the blog, just scroll to the bottom of the minutes for the right meeting and comment in the comment box
accrue 4 fundraiser points, 2 service and 1 social point ** to be considered an ACTIVE MEMBER as well as an ONLINE MEMBER**
This year we are giving away 2 prizes (1 for the Fall semester and 1 for the Spring) to the member who is MOST ACTIVE- participates in the most activities, comes to all of the meetings etc. This “outstanding member” will get the choice of receiving a free manicure OR a free massage compliments of NSSLHA.
TSHA is an annual convention held by the Texas Speech and Hearing Association. It bring professionals from all over Texas to share ideas, innovations and experiences in the fields of speech and hearing. There are booths and tables of future employers and companies. It’s an excellent opportunity to learn more about our field and the actual roles of SLP’s and Audiologists.
This year TSHA will be held in Fort Worth on March 25-27.
If you are interested in going please let us know by FEBRUARY 9, 2010.
If you sign up to go by Feb 12 you will get your registration fee reimbursed by NSSLHA. If you sign up after Feb 12, the fee goes up to $65 but NSSLHA will reimburse $55.
How to register for TSHA:
1. Go to the TSHA website
2. Click Student Registration. Fill out the need information and choose the Non-Member Student option for $55.
* It’s not necessary to choose any of the seminar options or short courses. NSSLHA will not refund these fees, only the $55 registration Fee
3. Submit & keep all documentation of purchase information for further reference and refund.
WANT TO GO TO TSHA FOR FREE??????
To Be Eligible For a TSHA Refund You MUST:
• attend EVERY MEETING up to March 23 OR respond to the minutes on the blog (unless there are special circumstances, which will be evaluated by the officers)
• Have dues paid by Feb 23 ($25 if new member)
• Attend 2 EVENTS BEFORE TSHA (ex: attend 1 social event and work 1 fundraiser)
BAKE SALE- FEB 16-17 contact Robyn to sign up!!
TSHA- email Kelly by FEB 9 if you are planning to go!!
T-SHIRTS!!! Spring NSSLHA t-shirts will be in soon!! They will be $15.
DUES- if you are a new member you need to pay dues ($25) by the 3rd meeting (FEB 23)