Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10/5 Meeting- Meet the Professors

Hello Everyone!

This weeks meeting was a great chance to meet some of our CSD Professors.

The professors who made it out were able to tell us a little bit about where they went to school, how they got started in the field, what classes they teach, and what their current area of interest/research is.

The Professors we had the privilege of hearing from were:

1. Dr. Craig Champlin
  • He teaches graduate level courses at UT
  • He is the chair of the CSD department
2. Dr. Dena Granof
  • She has her Ph.D
  • She holds the position of Senior Lecturer
3. Professor Chang Liu
  • Ph.D from Indiana University
  • Assistant Professor
  • Research interest in Speech Perception and Acoustics
4. Professor Tom Marquardt
  • University of Wisconsin
  • Research and focus in apraxia
5. Professor Bharath Chandrasekaran
  • Ph.D from Purdue University
  • Assistant Professor
6. Professor Lisa Bedore
  • Associate Professor
  • Went to Purdue University for graduate school
7. Professor Li Sheng
  • Ph.D from Northwestern University
  • Research in Language acquisition and bilingualism
8. Professor Harvey Sussman
  • Ph.D from University of Wisconsin
  • Teaches courses in the areas of speech production, speech perception, language and the brain, and neurolinguistics

NEXT SOCIAL: Bowling at the Union on October 26th, 6:00 p.m. (more details to come)

NEXT BAKE SALE: October 26th, CMA Plaza!

38 comments:

  1. I've read the minutes!
    -Lita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the minutes.

    Stephanie Lopez
    snl325

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the minutes.
    Thanks!
    -Allison Wong
    amw2544

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the minutes!
    Nora Davidson
    nmd343

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't make the meeting, but I've read the minutes!

    Tatum Fritz
    tmf478

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read the minutes! Thanks!

    Andrea Gifford
    Alg2443

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read the minutes.
    Kayla Kirts, kdk554

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read the minutes. Thank you!

    Tabitha Wills
    tmw662

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't make the meeting but I read the minutes! Rebecca Romano, bfr79

    ReplyDelete
  10. Read the minutes! :) Thanks!!

    Emily Newton ejn242

    ReplyDelete
  11. read the minutes. thanks.
    Brooke Lauper
    bcl429

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have read the minutes! Thanks:)

    Brittany Dyer
    bd6466

    ReplyDelete
  13. Read the minutes, thanks!

    Siobhan
    SCM2468

    ReplyDelete
  14. Read the minutes, thank you!
    Lindsay Dorman
    lgd256

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't make the meeting, but I read the minutes. Thank you!

    Sallie Hobbs
    sah2835

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have read the minutes.

    Nancy Rodriguez
    nr5242

    ReplyDelete
  17. I couldn't make the meeting either but I have read the minutes.

    Joanne Hu
    jh39858

    ReplyDelete
  18. Couldn't attend meeting, but read the minutes! :)

    Eliana Ramirez
    ehr256

    ReplyDelete
  19. Read the minutes.
    Thanks!

    Sandra Paek syp265

    ReplyDelete
  20. read the minutes

    Dana Thorson
    dt6346

    ReplyDelete
  21. Read the minutes.

    Valerie De la Rosa
    vd2669

    ReplyDelete
  22. Read the minutes, sorry I missed it!

    Kaitlyn Milner
    kdm847

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have read the minutes.

    Sarah Brock
    sjb735

    ReplyDelete
  24. read the minutes
    alix williamson
    anw633

    ReplyDelete
  25. read the minutes!!
    alex taylor
    abt368

    ReplyDelete
  26. read the minutes.
    melissa salinas

    ReplyDelete
  27. Read the minutes.
    Thanks!
    Sarah Drury

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey I couldn't make it to the meeting but I read the minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Read the minutes! Thanks!
    Chelsey Summers

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've read the minutes. Thanks


    Seen Yeng Chin
    sc32826

    ReplyDelete
  31. i read the minutes!

    Aisha khan
    ak8437

    ReplyDelete
  32. Read the minutes

    Kristen Yee
    ky2382

    ReplyDelete
  33. I read the minutes! Thank you so much.

    -Kayla Hall
    kjh643

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey I read the minutes! Can't wait for more info on the social and I'd like to do the bake sale. Sorry I missed the meeting!

    -Jade Calloway
    jc43977

    ReplyDelete
  35. i read the minutes.
    alix williamson
    anw633

    ReplyDelete
  36. read the minutes. thanks
    alexandra taylor
    abt368

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just read the minutes, but couldn't make the meeting. Thanks
    Megan Watson
    mmw967

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just read the minutes, but couldn't make the meeting. Thanks!!!

    Casey Manning

    ReplyDelete