NSSLHA Meeting 11/1
Communication Career Services – with Matt Berndt
- You should treat career planning like you do care maintenance or dental care. Sit down at least once a semester with career services, an academic advisor, or trusted faculty to look over the path you are taking to make sure it’s the right one.
- Make a Student Account through their website! You can get a tshirt if you do.
- After you connect, you can upload your resume and they will read it and contact you if they want you to come in and be advised about it.
- Website has lots of resources about resume writing – do’s and don’ts
- What do you want reader(s) to learn about you by reading your resume?
- Never stop editing/updating your resume! Do it at least once a semester!
- COVER LETTERS
- This a targeted and focused document used to present your relevant qualifications for an available job opportunity.
- Good cover letters are unique, take time to write, introduce you to a potential employer in a meaningful way, position you as a viable candidate, and prepare you to interview.
- GRAD SCHOOL ADVISING
- Make sure grad school is right for you at that point in time.
- CCS has sooo many resources for advising about grad school and they know a lot about CSD.
Visit their website!!! They have a lot of info and resources that are very helpful.