I know it seems as if a long time has passed since the last update. No worries, this is only the second update for you all! The last official general meeting was this past Tuesday, Feb. 26.
We had a guest speaker, Michelle Hsieh, Au.D come and talk to us about her life as an audiologist. She works at the Dell's Children's Hospital and shared a many interesting stories with us. You can read more about her at http://www.utexas.edu/know/2011/07/22/hsieh_csd/.
We also have many events coming up this month! Below is a list of the upcoming events.
March 6: Bowling SOCIAL
- 7pm at the Underground Union Bowling Alley
- 1 hour = 1 social point
March 18: Chili's FUNDRAISER for Austin Speech labs
- Location: 183 Blvd.
- Come support ASL by having lunch and/or dinner at Chili's! Be sure to print out the flyer and present it to the waiter. (Flyers will be emailed out soon)
- Keep your receipt and give it to an officer in order to get a point.
- Fundraiser lasts all day! From open to close!
March 24: Best Buddies Field Day
- More information about time and place will be announced soon.
- One shift = one SERVICE point
March 28: Laser Tag SOCIAL
- 6pm at Blazer Tag (Ben White Blvd.)
- Coming to the event will earn you 1 social point!
Last minute announcement!!! Today (3/4) starting at 7pm, Austin Speech Labs is having an online fundraiser. This is a 24-hour donation period that will benefit the stroke survivors receiving therapy at ASL. I have posted the link that includes more information.