Thanks to all of those who made it out to our second meeting. We had guest speakers from the Capitol School of Austin. They discussed their how their program works, what type of benefits they provide to children and their families, and volunteer opportunities.
• Non-profit org
• Capitol school program
• Evaluation and therapy clinic
o Meets needs of families in Austin area
o Educational testing
• Pre-K – 4th grade
• Therapist led
• Low student teacher ratios
o One-on-one teaching
o Have assistants and volunteers in all classes
• Individual treatment plans
• Leveled class approach
• Specialized assistants
• Occupational therapy
• Visit capitolschool.com
• Attend monthly Visitors’ Day
o Tour of school
o Sit it in 2 classrooms
• Contact Capitol School at (512) 467-7006
• To volunteer: email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• There are still about 5-6 spots open for volunteers this semester!!!
***There is an upcoming social this Saturday, Sept. 29 at Dave and Bussters off of Mopac and 183 at 6pm! Be sure to sign up on the google doc if you need a ride!